MOTIVA is responsible for all personal information in its possession or control. This includes any personal information that we receive directly from you or your authorized representative.
- Developed and put into effect policies and procedures aimed at properly protecting personal information;
- Appointed a Chief Privacy Officer to oversee privacy issues.
2. Identify a Purpose
MOTIVA collects personal information from clients and uses and discloses such information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the professional services that is requested;
- Verifying your identity and the accuracy of the personal information we have on file;
- Establishing and maintaining communications with you;
- Notifying you of other services which are available
- Distribution of documents and facilitating payment of fees.
MOTIVA will only disclose your personal information with your knowledge and consent. Your consent may be provided in writing, verbally, or electronically.
Subject to some restrictions, you may withdraw this consent at any time. We will advise you of any consequences of withdrawing your consent.
4. Limited Collection, Use, Disclosure and Retention
We will only collect, use or disclose personal information that is necessary for us to complete the service requested or required by law.
The personal information collected from you may be:
- Shared with the company's personnel participating in providing the service requested;
- Disclosed to partners, associates and employees within the company to the extent required to access compliance with applicable professional standards and rules of professional conduct, and MOTIVA's policies, including providing quality control reviews of work performed; and
- Provided to external professional practice inspectors, who by law, professional regulation, or contract have the right of access to the firm’s files for inspection, assessment, and audit purposes.
We will retain the personal information on file as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose that it was collected. MOTIVA regularly and systematically destroys, or erases personal information no longer required by the company or required to be retained by laws and regulations.
5. Accurate, complete, and up-to-date, personal information
We are committed to maintaining your personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as possible. You are encouraged to contact us to update personal information as required. You have the right to verify the accuracy of the personal information we have on file and if corrections or amendments are required they will be made accordingly.
We will protect your personal information using security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. The security safeguards used will include:
- Physical security such as building security system, locked file rooms
- Partners, associates and employees are authorized only to access personal information based on client assignment;
- Authentication is used to prevent unauthorized access to personal information stored electronically. Encryption is used to prevent unauthorized access to personal information electronically filed with the government.
- For files and other materials containing personal information entrusted to a third party service provider, the firm obtains appropriate assurance to affirm that the level of protection of personal information by the third party is equivalent to that of the firm.
7. Your right to access
You have the right to contact us in writing or email to obtain access to your personal information. With verification of your identity we will provide you with the information you request. In certain situations, however, the firm may not be able to give you access to all of your personal information. MOTIVA will explain the reasons why access must be denied and any recourse you may have, except where prohibited by law.
MOTIVA has policies and procedures to receive, investigate, and respond to clients’ complaints and questions relating to any issue, including privacy. See our Feedback procedure
9. Openness and Transparency
If, at any time, you have any questions or concerns about MOTIVA's privacy policies and procedures, the firm’s Privacy Officer can be reached as follows:
Attention: Privacy Officer, MOTIVA Training Inc.MOTIVA Training Inc.
777 Clearcrest Crescent
Orleans, ON, K4A 3E8
P: (613) 834-0712